If you have been suffering with insomnia, there IS help available!
CBT-I (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia) is a structured, short-term therapy program designed get you sleeping normally again without the use of sleep medications.
Research on CBT-I shows that:
75% of people suffering with chronic insomnia experience significantly improved sleep
- The majority become normal sleepers
- 85%-90% reduce or eliminate sleeping medications
Although disrupted sleep may begin after a stressful or traumatic life event, this can quickly turn into a maladaptive cognitive and behavioral pattern.
Thoughts + Behaviors begin to reinforce your sleeplessness = Chronic Insomnia.
CBT-I treats the underlying thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors which are learned and can be unlearned.
What to expect:
- Initial 10 minute phone consultation
- In person or video/telemedicine assessment, 1.5 hours
- 8-10 weekly sessions in person or via video/telemedicine, 50 min each
- Practical application of new sleep skills in between sessions
- Phone and email support
- All printed materials are included in the fee for weekly sessions
- The Sleep Skills you acquire in these 8-10 weeks will be with you for a lifetime!
I do not bill insurance companies directly but many will reimburse patients for out of network providers for short-term CBT-I. Please check with your insurance company for details about your specific coverage.