Lets face it…growing up is hard to do. There is a (false) idea that it should be effortless, the most natural thing in the world. You are a kid and then you grow up…done! Unfortunately, becoming an emotional adult is more complicated than that and many people never got the help they needed to do this. Sometimes, even with the most loving caregivers in charge, a specific trauma or family dynamic became an obstacle in the road to adulthood.
Whether you are simply on the road and not sure which direction to go in or you feel pretty stuck and have been spinning your wheels for some time – therapy can help.
Getting therapy as a young adult can change the course of your life for the better.
As a therapist who specializes in working with young adults, I can help you to:
- Figure out what the problem is (if you don’t already know)
- Distinguish who you are, separate from who your family and friends may think you are or should be
- Work though difficult aspects of your childhood
- Discover what you want at this time in your life
- Develop a plan of action for moving toward short and long term goals
- Find your way to successful love relationships
- Improve family connections
- Clarify career interests
- Enhance friendships
- Work with issues surrounding sexuality and sexual identity
The valuable insights and tools gained from being in therapy can benefit you now and be useful to you throughout your adult life.